Website Design For a Church Website
The ministry team (including myself) over at Connect Los Banos wanted a site that was fresh, modern, informative and easy to use.
We wanted it to be a communication hub for everything the church community is doing. This is what we were able to do using the Divi template from Elegant Themes.
Benefits & Features
- WordPress : It was important that he could get in there regularly and edit pages, add images and add pages without having any web design experience. Building the website on the WordPress platform gives the client accessibility to tons of free resources, plug-ins and tutorials to one of the most user-friendly web design platforms on the market.
- Divi Page-Builder: The Divi theme comes with a built in page builder that was made with user experience at the forefront of its priorities. The way it is broken up into sections, rows, columns and widgets, really allows you to understand and edit the structure of your page. Your editing controls are pulled out of the main content area so that you get a clear and concise representation of how your modules fit into your page layout.
- Front Page Slider: The front page slider needed to be prominent and easy for the pastor (or anyone else) to easily change, update and maintain on a regular basis
- Minimalist Design: A cleaner and simple look. We wanted to provide as much info as possible without cluttering the page. So we implemented dynamic landing page that addresses the most important features of the sight above the fold.
- Prayer Request Form on the bottom of every page. It is designed so that its quick, simple and easy to submit a prayer request to us without having to remember our email. You can be out on the road and if you have a smart phone, you can easily submit a prayer request to us wherever you are.
- Sermons Library: We attempted to make the Sermons’ page as simple and beautiful as possible. It has complete functionality to download, stream or search by series, speaker, topic and more. It also allows to sign up for podcasts to get the sermons delivered directly to your mobile devices. And if you want to read the bible passage or listen to the bible passage before you listen to the sermon, just click on the sermon title which will take you to a detailed page which includes speaker bio, bible passage audio and text in addition to all the regular features. All of these features are integrated into the WordPress admin area and the sermons are stored on the same hosting provider.
- Google Calendar Integration: By installing “Google Events Calendar” we were able to integrate our Google Calendar right into the website so that we could continue using our calendar without having to update a separate calendar on the website.
- eBulletin Integration: We also implemented a new email bulletin that conforms to the new look and feel of the site. So visitors can subscribe on the site and all lists and newsletters are easily stored and managed on the WordPress admin area.
- Responsive Web Design: This simply means that the website will conform to what ever size device you use whether cell phone, tablet, laptop or PC. So you no longer have to zoom in and zoom out. It’s almost like having our own personal app.
- We also provide most of the graphic design for the slides used on the website and for other publishing platforms.
Launch Website Back To Portfolio