Website Design Using Divi 2.0
Teen Challenge Monterey Bay is an amazing non-profit organization that reaches out to those in need such as the homeless, addicted and folks just dealing with all kings of life controlling issues, and seeks to help them find healing and hope. Their track record for changed lives is absolutely amazing!
So my friends over at Teen Challenge wanted a dynamic website design that was not only informative, but reached both the clientele base and the donor base.
It also needed to be search engine optimized so that people seeking help would find this site right away.
With our added SEO services, it quickly moved up the ranks of the search engines and is ranked #1 & #2 when searching for a Teen Challenge Center.
Here are some of the website features.
Features & Benefits
- WordPress : It was important that they could get in there regularly and edit pages, add images and add pages without having any web design experience. Building the website on the WordPress platform gives the client accessibility to tons of free resources, plug-ins and tutorials to one of the most user-friendly web design platforms on the market.
- Divi Page-Builder: The Divi theme comes with a built in page builder that was made with user experience at the forefront of its priorities. The way it is broken up into sections, rows, columns and widgets, really allows you to understand and edit the structure of your page. Your editing controls are pulled out of the main content area so that you get a clear and concise representation of how your modules fit into your page layout.
- Donate CTA’s: The CTA needed to be prominent but not obtrusive. They did not want the site to be a fundraising site but the feature was necessary. So we implemented a small but stand out donate button on the top header of each page. We also added a prominent button on the homepage.
- PayPal Integration: All the folks who run this organization are either volunteers or self-supported missionaries. So by providing a simple and easy method for supporters to support individual missionaries was a bonus for the client and a blessing for the missionaries
- News & Updates: We added a blog feature to the front page so that the two most recent articles appear as “Featured Articles”. We also added a most recent sermons list and Google Calendar events to that section in a sidebar.
- Minimalist Design: A cleaner and simple look. We wanted to provide as much info as possible without cluttering the page. So we implemented dynamic landing page that addresses the most important features of the sight above the fold.
- Responsive Web Design: This simply means that the website will conform to what ever size device you use whether cell phone, tablet, laptop or PC. So you no longer have to zoom in and zoom out. Its almost like having our own personal app.
- Scalable: The organizations is growing every year. Just this last year they opened a new men’s center in emigrant Gap and now run a lodge and restaurant out there as well. And as of this writing, they are in the process of opening a new women’s center. So the site needed to be set up so that it would be easy to add sections and pages. Of course simply using WordPress solved that issue.
Launch Website Back to Portfolio